Manfred Krautter is owner and head of the consultancy EcoAid by Manfred Krautter which he founded in 2009. He works with prominent businesses, media, NGOs and governmental institutions. He features regularly on TV, in print and online media and is frequently invited to speak at international conferences.
A longstanding leader of Greenpeace campaigns, he has wide experience in environmental and consumer protection issues. He was also extensively involved in CSR strategies, CSR projects as well as in public relations. He heads a high profile and interdisciplinary expert network and is in close touch with numerous decision makers.
Manfred Krautter, a graduate engineer in chemistry, has worked in Germany, the USA, China, Vietnam, South Africa and European countries. Further, he is the author of numerous publications and was awarded the Almeria Prize for sustainable agriculture. Born in 1962 he now lives in his adopted home city of Wiesbaden in Germany. At EcoAid he is an independent consultant for
- Risk, Issue and Crisis Management with key focus on consumer products and food- stuffs
- The development and optimization of sustainable products and production processes
- Sustainable and risk communication, far-reaching press relations and campaigning for sustainability
- Zen practice
Manfred Krautter CurriculumVitae
- From 2009 up to the present day – Founder and general manager of EcoAid by Manfred Krautter. The consultancy specializes in risk management and the establishment of sustainable product ranges. It works with prominent business partners in the economy, NGOs, media and governmental institutions.
- 1991 to 2009 Campaign leader, spokesperson, member of the management team, expert for chemical, environmental and consumer protection at Greenpeace in Hamburg, Germany
- Target and strategy development, management of several highly successful environmental and consumer protection campaigns. Initiator and publisher of numerous scientific studies
- Chief negotiator with the private sector and political institutions
- Spokesperson at scientific, political and business conferences
- Spokesperson in high profile media. Regular reporting on work-related issues broadcast on national TV and radio with further coverage in print, on the internet, in local newspapers and specialized press
- 1990-1991 Degree course in journalism and philosophy at the Freie Universität Berlin
- 1987-1990 Employed in the Application Technology Department, BASF, in Ludwigshafen, Germany and Chattanooga, USA
- 1986-87 Community service in lieu of military service. Research and co-authorship of studies at the Institute for Allied Ecology in Freiburg and Darmstadt, Germany
- 1986 Graduate of masters course in chemistry at the University of Applied Sciences and Technology in Mannheim, Germany. Main subjects: chemistry and environmental technology
Wirtschaftswoche (German weekly business magazine) 13.4.2009. – Manfred Krautter, 46, campaign leader at Greenpeace: Many years ago he found evidence that vegetables grown in the southern Spanish region of Almeria contained prohibited pesticides and that permissible levels were frequently exceeded. Demand for vegetables from this area fell dramatically. Manfred Krautter became the most hated person in the region and even received death threats. Undeterred he initiated further investigations. It paid off – even for the farmers. They began to use more environmentally friendly farming methods and were able to substantially increase turnover and profits. In 2008, Manfred Krautter was awarded the Almeria Prize in acknowledgement of his services to the region.
Find out more about EcoAid